Sunday, May 16, 2010

Simple and Delicious...


So I made the most delicious dinner tonight...and it was easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy. It's called Asian Chicken Thighs with rice and garden vegetables. Here's how simple it was...I dumped a 3lb bag of frozen chicken thighs (from Costco) into my crock pot this morning. I whisked together my sauce; poured it on and forgot it till dinner. The results=fabulous!! I love yummy dinners that taste like you've been cooking for hours. This one is a no-brainer if you like "asian" flavors.

Recipe: ASIAN CHICKEN THIGHS

3-4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 c. soy sauce
1 c. plum sauce
1 c. hoisin sauce
1/2 c. brown sugar
a bunch of green onions--chopped
one piece of fresh ginger--peeled and grated

Put the chicken in the crock pot. Mix the soy sauce, plum sauce, hoisin sauce, and brown sugar together. Pour over chicken. Throw the onions and ginger in. Put the lid on and let cook on low for 6 hours. I like to savor the sauce on the rice and vegetables, so I thicken it at the end by adding 2-3 tablespoons of cornstarch mixed with 1-2 tablespoons of cold water. Stir into broth until thickened. Serve with rice and vegetables. The chicken will melt in your mouth--and it's a sure crowd-pleaser. My inner-asian is smiling ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment