Sunday, May 30, 2010

Blogging on the Road...

Do you ever go on vacation when you're broke? I did. It happens occasionally. Events and holidays don't necessarily coincide with the non-housepayment payday. Thus-as we are over the hill (360miles) visiting family for a grandiose wedding extravaganza with pennies to our names...and the 5yr-old is winning with the most. So--just because we didn't come laden with funds doesn't mean that we aren't going to have funs :) Tomorrow is Memorial Day. My oldest brother is retired from the US Navy and suggested to my parents that they needed to visit the submarine museum in Bremerton. It's quite good and very kid-friendly. Excellent combination for my crew. So I googled it and came up with high-5's and chorus-line kicks...it's free to get in. That will be the start to our fabulous free day with family.


The kids expect treats and goodies for untold behaviors. Bribery is my best method of behavior control in public. Sonic Drive-ins have the best form of payment right now. You can go to Sonic now thru June 27th and grab a BOGO free Sonic shake on the spot OR get a coupon for a FREE Shake on your next visit! SOLD!! That's basically, half-price, in plain language. It's always seems more satisfying and tasty when you aren't consumed with the notion that you just paid the same price for 12oz of ice-cream as you would have for the whole blimey gallon. Sonic here we come!!

From the Seattle PI: Memorial Day weekend 2010 dawns with programs for and about veterans. New this year is the announcement that eight museums across the state have joined the National Endowment for the Arts' Blue Star Museums roster, meaning each will grant free admission to military personnel and their families from Memorial Day through Labor Day (Sept. 6). Seattle has some of the most amazing flight and art museums. So the planned events for the family activity is looking better and better and I'm still not looking for the change out of the couch cushions and off the floorboards of the truck.


I love the fact that both of my parents are veterans--Air Force and Marines. And being that my father goes nowhere with the crew--I still am able to take advantage of the military discount for families as I have my mother with us.


So before you determine that you don't have enough money to enjoy your vacations and get-aways--look up the deals to be had in the area you're in and you might be surprized that you can have yourself a lot of fun and memories without breaking the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment