Wednesday, May 5, 2010

An error in my ways....


I went to Albertsons' tonight to stock up on the good deals that I advertised via facebook, blog, and word of mouth. I had read that Albertsons' was printing 2 Catalina coupons, one for $4 and the other for $3 for a total of $7 off a $10 transaction; throwing coupons into the mix would make the deal $1 for 5 boxes of cereal. I printed every Kellogg coupon I could find on two different computers this morning. I was set...but the deal wasn't as sweet as I was hoping it to be. Spoiler alert: but it wasn't terrible either. I still had two $5 OYNO catalina coupons from last weeks' deals to start the night's purchases off to my advantage. My first transaction consisted of 2 large boxes of Corn Flakes, 2 boxes of Frosted Mini-Wheats, and a box of Fruit Loops, a bag of oranges, a bunch of celery, a gallon of milk, AND 2 packages of Dannon's Activa yogurt. The original total came up to $18.27. I gave Mr Cashier the golden coupons and my 2 $5 OYNOs...for a grand total of $3.27. A new $4 OYNO coupon printed at the register and got me onto my next roll. By the time I was done, I had 25 boxes of cereal and the groceries I mentioned before for a total of $10.27. I was a little miffed that I spent more than the $5 I thought I was going to spend...but I have to concede I did buy some produce and milk that I hadn't planned on. So, all in all, not a bad night. AND--I still have my $4 OYNO coupon to use tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment