Thursday, May 20, 2010

Deals Galore...


When you're a bargain shopper, some things just set you off in a tizzy. You never look at things the same way when you have a walking calculator buzzing in your head. For all you looking for great deals...Old Navy has their flip flops for a buck--that's $1--per pair Saturday only. There's a limit of 5 pairs per person. Just knowing this set my head in a twirl when I saw the flip flops (thongs to all of you 70's and more mature babies....) at Wal-Mart for $3-15 a piece. Then when I was a Target--the deal was $5 for 2.........Oh. That makes this sale a no-brainer. Of course I'd like to pay $1. For what those things cost everywhere else--I can have 5 pairs for the price of 1. Sold.


This is a pitch for the local garage salers...Tis' the season, 'ya know. Our HOA is hosting a neighborhood garage sale this weekend. I just got an e-mail from a lady at church whose neighborhood is about 1/2 mile away--and they are having a neighborhood garage sale as well. That's amazing news for bargain hunters on the go!! Where else can you hit 50+garage sales all within a mile or less. Now I can't vouch for everyone's junk, and I still have no idea what we will be willing to part with--but I've seen the neighbor across the street perfecting her piles for the last 2 days and it doesn't even start till Saturday. So--whether a serious shopper or just out for the thrill of the hunt...expediency in the rounds is everything on a Saturday morning. So the more garage sales in one area--the better. Enjoy--and I hope you find your best deals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment