Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fred Meyer Deals


Today is the last day of sale that's actually pretty tremendous at Fred Meyer. It started a couple of days ago and ends today--but the day is still young. It's a coupon for $5 off non-food purchases of $25 or $10 off purchases of $50 or more. This is the weekend of birthday parties at our house and I needed several gifts. So I headed to the Toy department to make my selections with the in-ad coupon in hand. I struck gold. There was $3 off coupons for board games hanging in the aisles. The store coupon specifically says that it may be used in conjunction with other coupons. Yeah. That means this is going to be a great deal! I found several games that had percentage off tags. One game is Pictureka! It's an addictive family game that's normally $24.99 and A LOT of fun to play. The label said they were 50% off ($12.49) and then a $3 off coupon could be used as well, making them $9.49. So for transactions of $25-50, I can use the big coupon for another 20% discount off. Mental calculators start computing the possibilities of these kind of deals. I note that 2 games only comes up to $25. I could have left it at that and bought the 2 games for $20, minus the 2 $3 off coupons, and left for around $16. But I had a few other things in mind, so I decided to go for the big spend of $50 and save the $10.


So I bought 2 Pictureka games, 2 sleeping bags for an upcoming camping trip, and 6 packs of gum. Our total after tax and with the gum being Buy one Get one Free (bribery tools for the kids)was $40.59. Yee Haw!! That probably sounds like a lot to you, but that was pretty amazing considering the 2 games would have cost $50 before tax. But I got the sleeping bags and gum and spent a lot less than I could have. That's the kind of deals we can use to supplement our activities without breaking the bank. I would have spent $35-40 on 3 birthday gifts alone. This transaction without discounts would never have happened without coupons otherwise--because it would have been $90 before tax. Mental alert: NO WAY!! At least not for me.... I got everyone pretty pricey gifts and helped out our own family with no cost difference in my plans. Gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment