Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dairy Promo at Albertsons'

I thought this deal ended yesterday...but it's still going on at Albertsons. When you buy 5 of their listed dairy products, it prints a $5 off Catalina. (To find the products listed in the promotion, go to www.athiftymom.com or look at the month long flier available at the store). So all purchases need to be done in increments of FIVE. I just ordered some great Darigold sour cream coupons off of www.ebay.com. They are the Buy 1 Get 1 Free coupons. So the break down on this transaction goes like this: Buy 6 containers of 16oz sour cream at $1.89 a piece. The total=$11.34. Hand over the 3 B1G1free coupons; that will take $5.67 off of your total. At the conclusion of your transaction, you receive $5 Catalina print-out. If you deduct this Catalina from prices, it makes SIX containers of sour cream 67 cents. I love sour cream's longevity too. It's one of those foods that you can put in the fridge and if it gets lost for a few weeks--it's all good. Literally. Unless you're double dipping in it or forgetting it for a year, it stays good well past the dates on the container. So I am going to stock up for the rest of the summer on sour cream for just a couple of bucks. LOVE IT!!

I'm also going to take advantage of the great deal on Dannon yogurt. We got hooked on the Activia yogurts. I just bought some tonight at a competitor store thinking I did OK buying it at $2.29 and then putting $1 off coupons on them. Not realizing the sale still going on at Albertsons'--I bought 5 products. But with the $5 off and the $1 coupons together--it's going to be a HUGE savings at Albertsons--actually FREE. I really like the Dan-ni-nimo kids yogurts as well. They are on the same list of inclusions and are also on sale at $2 a set. The beauty of this one--there's a $1.50/1 coupon available in cyberland. That makes it beyond free. Shhh....don't tell the store that you are making a deal before their very eyes. I Love it!!

But as for the 5 I bought tonight: Ever have one of those "What was I thinking?" moments? I should have read the ads a little closer before I spent money on those yogurts. I could have just used coupons to get them for free and saved the money! Oh well. Even the coupon queen doesn't always see the forest through the trees. Just one deal at a time is a great way to shop. Problem is that occasionally, multiple sales that are truly tremendous get missed without a little forethought and preparation. So plan to save...and don't forget to save some time to plan! Good luck and happy shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment