Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Freak Show on Wheels....


So I convinced Jeff to take six kids, by himself, to see the Reptile Man (a traveling freak show with multiple nasty creatures that elementary students seem to love)--while I took my own freak show on the road. Apologies to Kristine, who came with me...because I'm totally NOT referring to her. I had to go to Safeway to savor the last day of the Save $5 when you buy 5 Capri Sun deal. I had ordered 60 coupons off ebay and they were burning holes in my pockets till I got down to the store. Kristine only wanted a misely 5 coupons from my uber-stack of 60. Take note: I already bought 20 cases this afternoon from another store--I was just there to finish the rest of the stack before they fell out of my pockets with holes.
So we got to our local Safeway and I loaded my cart with 35 boxes of Capri Sun. The cart was barely "drivable" and you wouldn't believe the exaggerated eye poppers I got. Haven't people seen someone take advantage of a good deal?? OK. I will admit it...I was the Freak Show on Wheels. The cart was full and there was absolutely nothing in it but blue boxes. But I'm shouting from the rooftops--blog-style--that I just bought 55 boxes of Capri Suns for...drum roll, please....$33. I felt the rush of wild waters through my blood and knew that if I had anymore "native" in me--I'd be doing a tribal dance at the register. It was the thrill of the hunt...and 80% off regular price brings out the warrior in me. BTW--there is sales' tax on these drinks that I hadn't planned on--$26 would have sounded a lot better, but alas--not on this product. (Political soapbox is coming out of the cupboard). Since WHEN are juice boxes and pouch drinks lumped into the SIN TAX category with sports and soft drinks??? I'm a little perturbed that I had to pay sales tax on the item prices before the discounts were taken--adding a total of 61 cents to every transaction. That part just sucked....but I'm still a little chuffed that I don't have to buy this stuff at regular or even sales' price for a LONG time.

No comments:

Post a Comment